So I've been assigned to write two paragraphs about whatever I would like to write about...so much freedom I have no idea where to start. For the sake of simplicity, I'll start with the mundane.
Yesterday I went to Reimer's Ranch with my friend Collin, from SMU. Reimer's used to be owned by a married couple but recently was bought by the state of Texas and converted into a State Park. At Reimer's people can day hike, mountain bike, and most importantly: climb! Climbing brought Collin and myself out to the middle of no-where Texas for the day. Usually when I outdoor climb I am "bouldering" at McKinney State Park with a few friends/co-workers from the TX State RockWall, but luckily I was able to mix it up this weekend seeing as Collin was in town to visit. Considering we arrived around 2pm Dead Cat's Wall and other commonly used walls were packed with climbers. Luckily, I was in the presence of an "all-knowing" climber who led us over a river and up a trail that had wonderful limestone, unpacked climbing just for us and a few other experienced climbers. We were pleasantly surprised when we met my friend Chris and Merek, who we meet in Arkansas on a climbing trip over winter break.
A pic of me climbing in Arkanas.
A pic of me climbing in Arkanas.After meeting our friends, we started to climb. Collin, like always, "flashed" some of the classic problems like Prototype and Jade. I got on a 5.8 called 8flake, 5.9, 5.10 and struggled on a few 5.10's. On one problem called War on Rugs, the crux of the problem was at the beginning and at the end of the day I got 3/4ths of the way up until it got seriously sketch.
Overall, another successful climbing day.

That place looks cool!
ReplyDelete