This past weekend I had the priviledge of going to the Broken Social Scene show in Austin at the Bass Concert Hall...for FREE! My friend Anderson had a friend back out and he invited me to go with him! There was no way I was going to turn this down, even if it meant missing my picture party for the Grand Canyon trip I went on over winter break. We got to the show during intermission and found our seats on the first row of the balcony. I'll admit, I thought we were going to be closer to the stage...regardless, I was not disappointed. The show started and immediately, the most amazing sounds I have ever heard rushed into my ears! Even though the lead singer, Kevin, was recovering from the flu he still managed to sing perfectly and play the show. They made time to present one of the band member's side project, the Happiness Project. He interviewed his neighbors and put music to the cadence of their voices. Overall, an amazing show.
That night I staid in Austin in order to climb the next morning with an old friend, Jesse. We went to Austin Rock Gym which unfortunately was less than par. The routes/problems were all outdated and not very exciting.
^ Happiness Project Video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i think one of my friends went to that concert? I don't know? I'm not a big fan of them.
ReplyDeleteMy friend went to there! I wanted to go too!
ReplyDelete