Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dallas Rocks

I spent this weekend in Dallas...which had not been my original plan. Mr. Lensing was supposed to drive into San Marcos friday night in order to hit up Riemer's Ranch all day saturday and spend the night in Pace Bend park and continue climbing on sunday. Unfortunately, he had not been feeling too great that week and felt his climbing would not be worth the trip to Riemer's. Luckily for him, I'm open to change (even last minute change) and high-tailed it into Dallas after my friday labs...not before I made a quick stop at Ben's place to eat a yummy Reces Pieces pancake Miss Taryn made!



Dallas was a pretty lazy experience but definitely worth the 4 hour drive. Collin and I hit up Dallas Rocks friday afternoon for a quick climbing session and picked up sushi on the way back to his house to watch There Will Be Blood (not exactly what I expected from the previews, but pretty informative regarding the beginning of the oil industry). Saturday morning we took it super easy. Collin made a very yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs, cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, and sausage. Then once we gathered enough energy to climb after a short trip to the dog park, we hit up Dallas Rocks for another quick climb before my hair cut appointment at 5pm. After my trim, we rode over to Central Market to pick up the necessary ingredients for the dinner I wanted to make. It's a simple pasta dish my mom makes that consists of tomatoes, sausage, mushrooms, asparagus, and twisty pasta sauteed in an olive oil dressing. After devouring our dinner, we went to see Push at the theater in Highland Park Village. NOT what either of us expected. We were both seriously disappointed. LUCKILY Collin's TV is equipped with DVR that allowed us the pleasure of watching a few episodes of different TV shows, all of which were better than Push. This morning we ate a filling breakfast at Kuby's, a German style market/diner and headed over to the SMU climbing gym to check out their Entreprise wall. After hanging around the house and playing with the dogs I made my way back to San Marcos just in time to make it for work at the new RockWall. Another successful weekend.



SMU Entreprise wall with bouldering area in back

Kuby?





No comments:

Post a Comment