–verb (used with object)
1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
2. to transform or convert (usually fol. by into)
Change is intended to be a positive action, which I believe it is. Everyday something changes either in your own life or in the lives of others around the world. People, politics, the environment, social statuses, lives, and norms are constantly transforming from what they were into what they are. Our country is currently fueled by the ideal of change that one man has promised to help harness. That man's position was an outcome of change. A change in a country's view of people and their desired view of the future. Changes occur separately and simultaneously, sometimes in order to unite the lives of two individuals or to separate them. I am an advocate of change. Proof of this lies in my vote and in my life style. Although change can breed fear and even violence, I choose to manipulate the change that occurs in my life in a way that creates a positive outcome.
I registered for the Collegiate Climbing Series this morning and am in the process of registering for the SMU Pulldown comp for February 21st. Hopefully I will get a spot for the comp otherwise I'll have to compete at UNT or Baylor in April and miss the Modest Mouse concert in Austin (which would be an ABSOLUTE bummer). The good that could come from that however, is more time to train. My arm had been giving me some trouble recently which led me to take it easy on the wall, but now that it's feeling better I can climb harder. Last night I ran through a 5.8, 5.9, and 5.10 several times and felt NO PAIN (finally). The feelings towards the SMU comp are seriously mixed. I am excited, nervous, apprehensive, and frustrated. I want to compete with other climbers at my level in order to gauge my abilities which will hopefully inspire me to climb harder but I am also worried that I'm going to get my butt whooped. I am a competitive person and have not had an opportunity to put some of that competitiveness to use in a while...I believe this will be a great chance to do that. My preconceived notion of how the comp would go has recently been blown out of the water, regardless of that change, I still want to compete. I am keeping my fingers crossed and creating positivity from change.

Collegiate Climbing Series banner

No comments:
Post a Comment