Friday, March 6, 2009

Tick Tock

Well. it's 10:36pm on a friday and what am I doing? waiting on my bunk @$$ best friend to come pick me up for a party in ausin...while I blog for my english class. what a life.

but I have been catching up on my climber blogs and finally got my butt in the gym to climb a little this afternoon. surprising, considering i took my first fall last night in the gym lead climbing a 5.8 i warm up on. i had my rope run out like 5 or 6 feet from my last clipped draw when i went to grab a very familiar and friendly blue hold that spun on me causing my hand to slip and me to fall about 10 feet yelling, "shiiiiiiiiiiiit!" tons of fun though! was a little shaken up and had to take a little breather while my muscles decided to calm down and stop twitching. super super super fun! too bad i stubbed a toe though. luckily, james who had my catch, motivated me to finish the route. thanks ron j!

today was quite the learning experience. meet at the o.c. around 1 so i could participate in a kayak roll clinic. learned about hip snaps, home position, w=fxd or something like that. wasn't able to able to roll...but got the wet exit and rolling my partner right side up down. look forward to practicing in the river!

hilarious video:

2 comments:

  1. awesome video. those walls will tire you out man. i've got a few kayaks of my own. theyre a blast

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! I saw this over spring break and laughed so hard! This is definitely one of the funniest videos I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete