Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Time

Tomorrow is the big day: my very first climbing competition. I am feeling pretty nervous, excited, and ready to climb! My left arm has been giving me issues the past two weeks and I am nervous it may effect how well I compete. I took a few days off at the beginning of the week from climbing to give my irritated muscle a break; got on the wall yesterday and went to yoga. I felt strong and my arm didn't flare up after each climb. I am going to do a little yoga tonight to stretch out and relax. In the morning I'll do the same to calm my nerves before the comp.

Anyway....the drive to Dallas is always (hmmmm, what's the nicest way to put this?) a slap in the face. Capitalism and "Big Business" practically choke me the entire four hour drive. Exxon. Shell. McDonalds. Walmart. Sonic. Exxon. Shell. McDonalds. Walmart. Sonic. Over and over and over and over again. Every town I pass through has the same old crap. Mom and Pop struggle for existence if they haven't already been extinguished. I pray for the dad Mom and Pop's live again.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope things go well with your competition. Is it through a class or something that is out of school. Either way, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is awesome that you compete in climbing competitions. I love being outdoors and hiking. Hope everything went well!

    ReplyDelete